In response to high-quality, low-priced import guitars, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solid-body design, hard-tail bridges and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of players, the sleek new Lead models kicked off a fresh creative era in Fender’s history.
The Player Lead II is a homage to those late 70's models, featuring dual-slanted Player series single coil pickups, a modern "C" neck shape with medium jumbo frets, dual-toggle switches (one for pickup selection, one for phase-reverse), and of course that unique Lead double-cutaway shape.
The Player Lead Series offers style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Fretboard Material: Maple
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- No. of Frets: 22
- Fretboard Inlays: Black Dot
- Pickup(s): Player Series Alnico 5 Strat® Single-Coil
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome