When Fender released the Stratocaster in 1954, they didn’t set out to create a classic — but they did. The Stratocaster’s sleek style, articulate sound and plethora of innovations redefined electric guitar and opened up a brave new world of musical possibilities. The American Original ‘50s Stratocaster maintains Fender’s legendary original-era style and ground-breaking tone, while adding modern feel and pickup switching.
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fretboard Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- No. of Frets: 21
- Fretboard Inlays: Black Dot
- Pickup(s): Pure Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat®
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Synchronized Tremolo
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Eggshell
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Case: Vintage-Style Hardshell